Expressions of Interest due: by 4pm on Friday, August 5, 2022
Overview of the Corporation
Founded in 1990, Grenville Community Futures Development Corporation (Grenville CFDC) is a community-based, nonprofit corporation receiving funding from the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario to deliver the Community Futures Program to the Town of Prescott, the Municipality of North Grenville and the Townships of Augusta and Edwardsburgh Cardinal.
Our mission is investing in jobs, businesses, and innovation in our community.
We play a local leadership role in delivering community economic development services and programs to Grenville County communities and in delivering business loans and business advice to small and medium-sized businesses.
Our Board of Directors is a governance board. Directors define our mission, shape strategy, monitor progress and fulfill the governance responsibilities for the Corporation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Commit to a three-year term with the option to pursue a second three-year term
• Participate in 6-8 Board of Directors meetings per year (blend of in-person and virtual)
• Attend the Annual General Meeting of the Corporation annually (Sept. 28 this year)
• Actively serve on at least one Committee of the Board
• Review agenda and supporting materials in advance of each Board and Committee meeting
• Participate in corporate decision making
• Participate in setting and monitoring the strategic directions and policies of the Corporation
• Ensure fiscal responsibility
• Respond expeditiously to emerging and complex issues affecting the Corporation
• Contribute to the ongoing and positive development of the Corporation’s reputation.
Generally, to qualify for consideration, individuals shall be at least 18 years of age and have either:
• their principal residence; or
• their principal place of business; or
• the service area of their business;
within the geographical area serviced by the Corporation (i.e. Town of Prescott, Municipality of North Grenville, Augusta Township, Township of Edwardsburgh Cardinal).
Additional legal considerations and qualifications may apply.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Experience serving on a policy/governance Board of Directors
• Expertise and experience in small business, industry, agriculture, tourism, economic development, health care, business lending, finance, human resources, or communications
• Knowledge of the needs of business and the local economic environment
• Working knowledge of popular computer software programs, email and internet
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to work well with a diverse group of people.
Expressions of Interest
To express your interest in this volunteer opportunity, please submit a letter of interest and your resume or LinkedIn profile link via email (Subject Line: Volunteer Board of Directors) to: email@example.com by 4pm on Friday, August 5, 2022.