Resume Submission Deadline: by 4:00 p.m., Monday, June 13th, 2022
Position: #22-108 – Economic Development Specialist – Full Time Permanent – Development & Property
Reporting to the Manager of Economic Development Services, the Economic Development Specialist is responsible for supporting various economic development initiatives to promote the growth and development of the County of Renfrew’s economic base, and assist in the retention and expansion of existing businesses.
- Equivalent to community college (1, 2, 3 Year Programs) in Marketing, Administrative, Design (Multi-Media, Graphics, Web).
- Post-secondary courses in Economic Development, Marketing, Business, or Tourism would be considered an asset.
- General understanding of the operation of local government as it applies to economic development plus skills in marketing, communications, and problem solving.
- Proven computer literacy in word processing, data base management, spreadsheet operations, graphic design and layout, and Internet applications in a Windows environment is required.
- Valid drivers’ licence and immediate accessible transportation.
- Support the Manager of Economic Development Services in the implementation of the Economic Development Strategy.
- Updating and maintaining the economic development and tourism database structure.
- Providing research, customer services and clerical support. Collection and disbursement of statistical information.
- Design and publication of various press quality/web quality marketing materials and graphics for all departmental divisions including magazine and newspaper advertisements, charts, maps, digital photography, trade show booths, web banners, newsletters, press releases, and various electronic documents
- Design, publish and maintain dynamic websites as needed, as well as maintain all existing departmental websites.
Compensation: $47,173 - $53,832 per annum, plus comprehensive benefits package.