Position: Marketing Coordinator (Permanent Full-time)
Application Deadline: Wednesday, June 2, 2021, by 4:00pm
Hastings County has an opening for one (1) permanent full time Marketing Coordinator position. This non-union position is responsible for supporting the Economic and Tourism Development Unit with the coordination of marketing activities aimed at attracting new visitors, residents, business and investment to Hastings County.
- Coordinate the development and implementation of Hastings County’s marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the County branding strategy. Review, update and maintain the strategy as necessary.
- Support the Economic and Tourism Development Unit with coordination of media strategies including, but not limited to: media releases, managing and monitoring social media accounts, drafting newsletters and the management of the Unit’s website(s) and “on-line” content, all in accordance with County policies and procedures.
- Support coordinated information collection and sharing for the County and with Member Municipalities.
- Responsible for the collection, tracking, organizing, compilation, analysis and maintenance of data that contains statistics and other relevant information to the Economic and Tourism Development Unit.
- Coordinate partnerships and act as a liaison between Hastings County and external organizations, individuals, representatives of government, businesses and industries concerning destination marketing initiatives and other Economic and Tourism Development Unit’s activities.
- Develop, track and report on performance/success metrics and annual targets to assess the effectiveness of the Economic and Tourism Development Units programs and initiatives.
- Attend Planning Committee and Council meetings as necessary. Attend and participate in other committees, organizations and group meetings where they are related to the Economic and Tourism Development Unit’s marketing or related activities.
- Provide advice to the Economic and Tourism Development Manager on market analysis and marketing opportunities.
- Responsible for the creation, maintenance and updating of all materials, tools and initiatives relating to destination marketing including: the coordination of familiarization (FAM) tours for VIPs; dissemination of marketing materials to the correct audiences and comprehensive packages of press materials for all mediums.
- Assist in the development of budgets to support annual marketing plans.
- Perform other related duties and special assignments as assigned by the Economic and Tourism Development Manager and/or the Director of Planning and Development.
- Be aware of and follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and County policies
- University Degree or College Diploma in the field of Communications, Marketing, Tourism, Economic Development, Public Relations, Public or Business Administration, or a related discipline with 2-3 years’ work experience in a similar destination marketing or communications related capacity;
- Proven knowledge and awareness of destination and investment marketing principles and strategies, as well as consumer marketing trends;
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.) and how consumers interact with them;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with stakeholders;
- Analytical skills to review and summarize data and prepare documents and reports for a broad audience;
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills as well as deadline oriented with the ability to proactively manage competing priorities;
- Knowledge and understanding of Hastings’ tourism industry and culture as well as familiarity with key industry leaders is considered an asset;
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows and Adobe Creative Suite considered an asset, as well as knowledge of website management.
- Photography and/or videography experience considered an asset.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Valid “G” driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Salary Range: $55,034-$64,366 per annum, with excellent fringe benefits
Please send resume and cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Quote: 2021-NON-GG-139 – “Your Name” in the subject line
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday, June 2, 2021 by 4pm