Application Deadline: August 15, 2022
Through leadership and partnership, Community Futures Peterborough (CFP) works to strengthen the area's regional economy at a community level by supporting innovation, business growth, and diversification. Guided by a Board of Directors, we act as one regional voice to enhance the profile, reach, and impact of the Community Futures program across the Greater Peterborough region.
CFP is seeking an Executive Director, reporting to a Board of Directors, to guide the next stage in the development of the organization. We are seeking a lead Executive who can build effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders while leading a small and dynamic team to manage a growth-oriented investment fund and deliver high-impact programs. Member relations will be an essential part of this role and require effective communication and collaboration.
- Participate with the Board of Directors in implementing its vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- Build the capacity of the organization to adopt innovative practices and achieve impact in our communities
- Lead an investment fund that provides financing to start-up and growth enterprises to support innovation and growth in the Greater Peterborough region
- Engage and mobilize community partners in support of a compelling plan to advance economic diversification and sustainable development
- Develop and lead an advocacy agenda that provides a voice for rural communities and delivers on the organization's strategic objectives
- Build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders, and lead strategic partnerships and grant proposals
- Provide leadership to a tight-knit and dynamic staff team that strives to achieve service excellence and effective programming
- Lead the management of the organization's financial position, operations, human resources, and program planning, as well as oversee risk management
- Degree in Business or Finance
- An entrepreneurial mindset with a minimum 5 years proven experience in leadership positions
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR and finance
- In-depth knowledge of not-for-profit governance
- Excellent communication and public speaking skills
- Collaborative, diplomatic and experience working with various groups
- Experience working across the private, public, and non-profit sectors and with rural communities
- Highly organized
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial practices
- Comfort lead-writing grant proposals and convening partners to access new programs
- Basic understanding of fund accounting
The Salary range for this position is $90,000 - $120,000 per annum plus benefits.
Forward detailed resume to email@example.com by August 15th, 2022.