Applications must be submitted no later than 8:00am, December 10, 2021.
Through leadership and partnership, Community Futures Eastern Ontario (Network Inc.), represents a network of 14 participating Community Futures Development Corporations in Rural Eastern Ontario. Managed by experienced professionals, we work to strengthen the area's regional economy at a community level by supporting innovation, business growth, and diversification. Guided by a Board of Directors made up of Community Futures representatives, we act as one regional voice to enhance the profile, reach, and impact of the Community Futures program across Rural Eastern Ontario.
Community Futures Eastern Ontario is seeking an Executive Director to guide the next stage in the development of the organization. We are seeking a lead Executive who can build effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders while leading a small and dynamic team to manage a growth-oriented investment fund and deliver high-impact programs. Member relations will be an essential part of this role and require effective communication and collaboration.
- Participate with the Board of Directors in developing and implementing a vision and strategic plan to guide the organization
- Build the capacity of the regional Network members to adopt innovative practices and achieve impact in their communities
- Provide support to the member organizations to offer a suite of services, including coordination and liaison, marketing, training, and cost-saving initiatives such as group purchasing of information technology supports and benefits programs.
- Lead an investment fund that provides venture finance to high-growth enterprises to support innovation and growth in rural and urban areas across the region
- Engage and mobilize members of the Regional Network in support of a compelling plan to advance economic diversification and sustainable development
- Develop and lead an advocacy agenda that provides a voice for rural communities, strengthens members, and delivers on the organization's strategic objectives
- Build and maintain relationships with key external stakeholders and lead strategic partnerships and grant proposals
- Provide leadership to a tight-knit and dynamic staff team that strives to achieve service excellence and effective programming
- Lead the management of the organization's financial position, operations, human resources, and program planning as well as oversee risk management
- Master's Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or equivalent experience
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and proven experience in leadership positions
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR and finance
- In-depth knowledge of not-for-profit governance
- Excellence communication and public speaking skills
- Collaborative, diplomatic and experience working with various groups
- Experience working across the private, public, and non-profit sectors and with rural communities
- Highly organized
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial practices
- Track record of leading successful advocacy campaigns
- Comfort lead-writing grant proposals and convening partners to access new programs
$75,000 -$100,000 annual salary (commensurate with experience) and a competitive benefits package