Closing Date: May 12, 2023, 4:30pm
Position: Economic Development Sector Specialist - Permanent, Full-time
We are looking for a highly motivated, strategic and dynamic individual to join the Economic Development Division at the City of Belleville in this newly created position of Economic Development Sector Specialist.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Reporting to the Director or designate, the Economic Development Sector Specialist is accountable for developing, operationalizing and maintaining the economic development strategy for key strategic economic sector(s) at the City of Belleville. Under the leadership of the Director, and the present Tourism Sector focus, the incumbent will be responsible for visitor and resident attraction program development and maintenance, marketing, revenue and communication strategies, community outreach and relationship management, and continuous program evaluation and enhancements.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Increase visitor & resident attraction through experience development, tourism product development.
- Develop marketing & communications strategy & content.
- Coordinate contracts & services with partners: Chamber, BQRMB, Community Services, Transportation & Operations.
- Support revenue generating activities and programs: MAT, Short Term Accommodation Licensing, etc.
- Develop and implement the sector operational plan and support internal and external planning that impacts sector.
- Market research & strategic product development
- Manage marketing & promotions budget related to tourism
- Committee participation: EDDC, BQRMB, Chamber Tourism
- Establish and maintain a professional network that supports operational objectives.
- Maintain contacts and client data in database or CRM
- Conduct evaluations of programs, surveys of client satisfaction, and report KPI outcomes.
Position Type: Permanent Full-Time
Closing Date: May 12th, 2023 at 4:30 p.m. Department: CAO Department, Economic Development Division File Number: SV23-63
Salary: $85,654 – $101,970 (subject to formal job evaluation)
Hours: 35 hours per week; Monday to Friday from 8:30am to 4:30pm with additional hours as required
Employee Group: Management and Administrative Group
Apply at careers.belleville.ca