Eastern Ontario is host to one of the Province's largest food clusters....Discover why food companies invest in Ontario East!
- A vibrant representation of companies calls Ontario East their home: from an array of small specialty producers to multinational firms such as PepsiCo, Weetabix, Quaker Oats, Kellogg's, Nestle and Parmalat.
- Ontario’s food processing industry is thriving - Ontario East is a high-value and low-cost place to do business. A strong economic partnership among food manufacturers, educational institutions and local economic development offices helps to keep the area’s food processing industry strong and highly productive.
- Food quality buildings and site certified, investment ready lands are available at costs much lower than other major centres.
- Ontario East provides for a full range of support related services including research and development, training programs and equipment fabrication.
- Strategically located in the heart of the eastern North American market, in close proximity to three of Canada's largest markets – Toronto, Ottawa and Montreal with easy border access to international markets.
- The food processing industry in Eastern Ontario is supported by a strong supply chain with access to raw materials along with warehousing, specialist logistics and cold storage providers, as well as packaging services.
- Eastern Ontario is a centre for research and development with world-class educational institutions specializing in food and agriculture with related science and an innovative technology cluster.
Connect with our Food Processing sector members to help with your future projects and opportunities:
|City of Brockville|
|City of Cornwall|
City of Kawartha Lakes
|City of Quinte West|
|County of Lennox and Addington|
|Kingston Economic Development Corporation (KEDCO)|
|Lanark County (Valley Heartland CFDC)|
|Rob Hunter||Municipality of South Dundas|
|Quinte Economic Development Commission|
Town of Smiths Falls
|United Counties of Leeds and Grenville|
|United Counties of Prescott-Russell|
|United Counties of Stormont, Dundas & Glengarry|