NEW POSITION - Economic Development, Destination and Marketing Officer
Reporting to the Chief Administrative Officer, the Economic Development, Destination and Marketing Officer shall be responsible for the planning and implementation of economic and destination development, as well as marketing activities aimed at attracting new visitors, residents, business and investment to Minden Hills. The ideal candidate is expected to bring energy and creativity along with community relations and communications expertise to the role as they grow and enhance the Township’s profile. Other varied and exciting responsibilities/initiatives shall include business retention, youth retention, entrepreneurial ventures, promoting existing, new and expanding business, investment, BIA support services, program and event planning, tourism, website and social media administration, advertising, volunteer opportunities, initiatives that support existing and new Township plans, and departmental administration.
- Excellent knowledge and awareness of economic and destination development and marketing principles, theory, strategies, techniques, and best practices.
- Analytical skills to review and summarize data and prepare documents and reports for a broad audience. Familiarity with data collection techniques and sources.
- Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills; deadline oriented, with the ability to proactively manage competing priorities.
- Demonstrated management, supervisory, organizational and leadership ability.
- Ability to engage and motivate others and contribute effectively in a dynamic team environment with the additional ability to recruit and work well with volunteers in a business settling.
- Knowledge and experience in public and media relations with excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to development, monitor and work within approved budgets and funding opportunities.
- Flexible, adaptable and responsive to change.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- A post-secondary education in the field of Communications, Marketing, Tourism, Economic Development, Public or Business Administration, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in progressively responsible related positions, including a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the supervision of staff and the administration of employment policies.
- Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office applications, desktop publishing software, as well as utilizing Social Media and other related database applications.
- An understanding of Minden Hills’ economic, cultural, social and political environment and community demographics is an asset.
Salary will commensurate with experience and skills.
This is an open call for applications until the position has been filled.
Click HERE for Complete Job Posting