Deadline for applications: This intake will close on Monday, February 24.
The RED program provides cost-share funding to support activities that create strong rural communities in Ontario, and opens doors to rural economic development through:
- Funding assistance to address barriers in economic development, position rural communities to attract and retain jobs and investment, and enhance economic growth
- Funding to build community capacity and support for economic development in rural areas
- Investments in rural communities to help diversify and grow local economies, sharing in the province's prosperity.
There are two funding streams:
- Economic Diversification and Competitiveness Stream
- Strategic Economic Infrastructure Stream
To be eligible you must be:
- Not-for-profit entity
- Ontario Indigenous community or organization
- Local Service Board