Position: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
Kingston Economic Development Corporation facilitates economic growth by working in partnership with business leaders, municipal departments, post-secondary institutions, federal and provincial ministries and agencies. Our organization’s leadership has been recognized by the Financial Times UK, who named Kingston the Number One Small City in the Americas for Foreign Direct Investment Strategy.
Join a winning team as the Business Development Officer, supporting business attraction, growth and retention.
- Collaborative and client-focused business development professional with demonstrated success in relationship building, sales, and project management
- Experience in a Senior Business Development or Economic Development role with evidence of skill progression
- Experience providing business support services to private sector clients
- Experience in and/or understanding of municipal land sale processes; regulatory and taxation aspects of business investment in Canada, and government relations at municipal, provincial and federal levels
- Exposure to, interest in and knowledge of local, regional, national and global economic trends, sectors and ecosystems
- Post-secondary degree
- Proficiency in a second language viewed preferred