Position: Small Business Development Officer
Department: Community & Development
Supervisor: Director, Community & Development Services
Hours of Work: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm (with flexible hours as required)
Salary Range: $50,923.60 to $59,568.60 per year plus a comprehensive benefit package
The County of Lennox & Addington requires a Small Business Development Officer to provide high quality coaching to entrepreneurs and business owners by analyzing situations and educating clients on business plans, market feasibility, financial management and marketing (including digital capabilities).
- Support the Business Coaching program by providing timely confidential business coaching to small businesses and entrepreneurs
- Provide one on one assistance to help our small businesses and entrepreneurs expand their digital capabilities (i.e. social media, online sales, digital marketing)
- Connect small businesses and entrepreneurs with local and regional resources to help them grow or start-up
- Develop productive business relationships with our economic development partners
- Work closely with our Economic Development Officer to support business retention and expansion strategies
- Help us grow our social media community by curating content for our marketing efforts
- Post-secondary education, preferably in business or marketing
- Current or former business owner with entrepreneurship experience or a clear understanding of entrepreneurship and small business.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and confidently
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to relate to small business owners, regardless of professions
- The ability to mentor small businesses on digital business tools and social media improvements
- Understand the importance of social media and digital technologies for small business growth
- Access to a personal vehicle, as most appointments will require travel within Lennox and Addington
Please forward a detailed resume and covering letter by 4:00 p.m. on December 14, 2018 to the attention of:
County of Lennox and Addington
97 Thomas Street East
Napanee, ON K7R 4B9
Phone: 613-354-4883 Fax: 613-354-3112
Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of applicant selection. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Resumes received after the closing date will not be considered.
Please note that accommodations are available upon request to support the participation of persons with disabilities in applying for jobs and during the interview and assessment process. If you require an accommodation, please call the County’s Human Resources Department at 613-354-4883 to discuss. We will work with you to meet your needs.