This course is in partnership with Economic Development Council of Ontario, Inc.
The early bird deadline has been extended! Register by February 21 to save up to $140 on your registration fees!
Get your first look at the foundations of economic development from some of the profession's leading minds and begin your journey towards becoming a Certified Economic Developer (CEcD)!
The Introduction to Economic Development course in Toronto, Ontario, Canada is a comprehensive overview that will introduce the economic development profession to highly-engaged participants both young and old. Economic developers use a number of financing and development tools to ensure a healthy local economy, from helping small businesses grow to leading large real estate development projects. Learn how economic development strategies can be structured to encourage local and regional development and advance your community's growth potential. This course emphasizes theoretical and practical perspectives on economic development and provides participants with the skills needed to organize, plan, and implement economic growth initiatives.
Those new to economic development are encouraged to take this course first as an overview of the field's key activities.
What you'll learn:
- Economic development credit analysis
- Business retention and expansion
- Real estate development and reuse
- Strategic planning
- Marketing and business attraction
- Entrepreneurial and small business development
- Neighborhood development strategies
- Technology-led economic development
- Workforce development and training
- Ethics in economic development