8:30am to 4:30pm
The Kingston Economic Development Corporation is hosting a one day business summit Entering and Expanding in the Chinese Market. KEDCO is working with the office of the Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Toronto, and are pleased that Consul General He Wei will be opening the summit.
Create an Agenda that fits with your schedule - you do not need to attend the entire day - select the sessions you are interested in when registering.
KEDCO is very excited with the caliber of the panelists and moderators participating in the event. Space is limited, so register today!
- Mr. Wei He, General Consul, Peoples Republic of China, Toronto Office
- Ms. Sarah Kutulakos, Executive Director & CEO, Canada China Business Council
- Mr. Laurent Massam, Partner, Gowling WLG Law Firm, Intellectual Property
- Mr. Jianhe Han, President, Beijing Oriental Re-Sun Prosthetics & Orthotics Technology Development Co
- Ms. Thatcher Sun, Program Manager, Canada-China Economic & Cultural Center
- Mr. Peter Zhang, Counsel, Gowling WLG Law Firm, China & East Asia Initiative
- Ms. Amelia Choi, Founder & President, ChoiTech and Law Professional Corporation
- Mr. Gary Guo, Managing Director, Chinway International Ltd.
- Ms. Bei Wang, China Lead, Canadian Dairy Commission
- Ms. Shirley Wong, Head of Investment Promotion, Canada, Invest Hong Kong
- Mr. Robin Tam, Regional Manager, OTT Pay
- Mr. Jevons Tam, Senior Business Development Manager, OTT Pay
- Mr. Don Young, Vice President, International Education
- Dr. Yafan Huang, President & Chief Scientific Officer, Performance Plants
- Mr. Doug Wilton, President & CEO, Tecta PDS
- Mr. Chester Burtt, Director, Focus Graphite
- Mr. Shai Dubey, Adjunct Assistant Professor & Distinguished Faculty Fellow of Business Law, Smith Queen's School of Business
- Ms. Meilan Fan, Vice President, Chinese Canadian Association of Kingston & District
FREE for businesses and service providers located within the City of Kingston.
Interested parties from outside Kingston are welcome to attend, but there will be a registration fee of $100.
In working with local businesses, KEDCO has learned that there are some gaps in knowledge about the resources available to Canadian businesses as well as best practices to enter the market and remain competitive. The Chinese market is in perpetual motion; China's drive to become a globally recognized nation of innovators may shape the world economy in the years to come.
The agenda has been developed to provide information and resources for businesses in two streams: businesses that have limited exposure to the Chinese market and would like to learn more ; and businesses that have some exposure to the market that are addressing challenges or creating a larger presence.
The morning includes presentations that will benefit all attendees, followed by a networking lunch to facilitate knowledge sharing between attendees, and one on one conversations with speakers. The afternoon is divided into two streams of concurrent panel sessions - Entering the Market and Expanding in the Market. The panel discussions will be moderated and each panel will include experts in the field as well as local business representatives.
The summit will wrap up with a networking reception to allow attendees to interact with panelists from both streams and share knowledge with one another.
Who Should Attend
Business owners, executives, sales professionals and/or individuals who provide business support services.
8:30 - 9:00 am Registration & Networking
9:00 - 9:15 am Opening Remarks
9:15 -10:00 am Key Note Address: Consul General He Wei
10:00-11:00 am Doing Business Abroad, Protecting Your IP in China
11:00 -11:15 am Break
11:15 -12:15 pm Canada’s Trade Commissioner Service: Who We Are & What We Do
Networking Lunch 12:15 - 1:15 pm
Afternoon: Concurrent Sessions
1:15 - 2:45 pm Entering the Market: Preparing for Entry: Due Diligence
Expanding in the Market: Positioning Your Product or Service
Capturing the Chinese Travel Market: OTT Pay
2:45 - 4:00 pm Entering the Market: Business Etiquette
Expanding in the Market: Securing a Partner in China
Networking Reception 4:30 - 6:30 pm
Click HERE to Register